PhD Researcher of Making Energy Demand More Sustainable and Resilient
Swati joined the Future Resilient Systems programme as a PhD researcher in January 2017. Her research focuses on economics and adoption of energy efficient technologies under the "Making Energy Demand More Sustainable and Resilient” research module.
She has previously worked with Deloitte, one of the "Big 4" professional service firms, as energy and sustainability consultant. While with Deloitte, Swati has worked on a variety of projects in the energy and sustainability domain, including renewable energy economics, clean development mechanism, sustainability reporting, and carbon foot printing.
Prior to taking on her current PhD position, she was with the Energy Research Institute at NTU, Singapore (ERI@N) in the capacity of research associate.
- Masters in Technology (M.Tech.) in Energy Studies from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (India)
- Masters in Science (M.Sc.) in Physics from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, India
- Bachelors in Science (B.Sc.) from Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, India
- Li, Y., Chang, Y., Choo Fook Hoong and S. Sharma (2016), ‘Business Model and Market Design for ASEAN Electricity Market Integration’: Achieving an Integrated Electricity Market in Southeast Asia, ERIA Research Project 2015-16 (pp.59-108)
- S. Sharma and Dr. Srikanth Narasimalu (2016), ‘An Exploratory Techno-Economic Analysis of Underground Pumped Hydroelectricity Storage Systems in Underground Caverns in Singapore’, AWTEC 2016
- Bird’s Eye View, Sustainability Initiative of NTU, Singapore- ENVISION, a biannual National Environment Agency (NEA)publication, Issue 09, (pp 87-89).
- Online Certification in “Management and Leadership Essentials” from “Harvard Business School”
- Online Certification in “Finance Essentials” from “Harvard Business School”
- Certification in “RETSCREEN”-Software suite by Natural Resource Canada
- “Introduction to Renewable Energy”, credit course - Solar Energy International, “Solar Training & Renewable Energy Education”, Carbondale
- Asian Wave and Tidal Energy Conference, 2016-Singapore
- United Nations Framework Convention in Climate Change (UNFCCC)’s CDM Policy Dialogue, 2012-India
Nanyang Technological University