TAN Tsiat Siong
PhD Researcher of Making Energy Demand More Sustainable and Resilient
Tsiat Siong is a doctoral researcher at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He is part of the ‘Making Energy Demand More Sustainable and Resilient’ module at the Future Resilient Systems, where he is working on the topic of purchase/investment decisions and instrument choice. He holds a Master's degree in Applied Economics from the National University of Singapore.
Tsiat Siong’s research interests are in energy economics, environmental economics and behavioural economics, and has previously undertaken various research assistant roles in these areas. His current research focuses on the life cycle cost of energy-efficient versus less energy-efficient electric appliances, and through Contingent Valuation Methods, derive consumers’ willingness to pay for energy-efficient appliances. He seeks to identify factors that shape behaviour to purchase energy-efficient appliances, aimed at increasing the adoption of cleaner technologies at the micro level.
- Tan, T.S. (2016). The Indonesian Transboundary Haze Pollution. Bulletin: Economics and Society, Economic Society of Singapore. Singapore, World Scientific.
- Quah, E. and Tan, T.S. (2015). Singapore’s Future Economic Landscape: Pursuing Growth or Protecting the Environment. In Sim, J. Beyond 50: Re-imagining Singapore (pp. 121-129). Singapore. Really Good Books.
- Quah, E. and Tan, T.S. (2015). Sustaining Growth, Climate Change, and Meeting Environmental Obligations: What can ASEAN Governments Do? In Koh, K.L. Adaptation to Climate Change (pp. 231-256). Singapore. World Scientific.
- Chen, C.; Quah, E; Tan, T.S. (2015). Unveiling Singapore 2065: A Summary. In Quah, E. Singapore 2065. Singapore. World Scientific.
- Chang, Y. and Tan, T.S. (Working Paper). Are Falling Oil Prices As Bad for Asian and Oceanic Economies As Surging Oil Prices? Presented at the 2nd Annual International Conference on Applied Econometrics, Hawaii, USA by Kobe University.
- Energy Labels and Household Electrical Appliances in Singapore: The Purchase Decision. 3rd Nanyang Technological University-Chulalongkorn University-Thammasat University Trilateral Workshop: Managing Asia in the Midst of Global Uncertainty, Bangkok, Thailand.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)